Thursday 6 October 2011

First Day At School

First Day At School
In a little village in Kerala
I awoke with a lot of hungama
I heard the rain like crumpling bits of paper
And I knew the dreaded day had finally arrived
Here the rain and the school arrives side by side
Causing waves of sadness to hit me as on seaside
The grass and the leaves are fresher than ever
But my mother drags me into the shower
I yearn to smell my new rose blushing in the rain
But the new uniform assails my nose putting my wish in vain
My shivering puppy longs for the warmth of my hand
But the umbrella and now-filled bag lands in my hands
Blurry vision of the world that I view
And my little garden with everything so fresh and new
Causes tears to rush down my cheeks
Which are washed away by the rain so gentle or may be meek
I enter my new world, my second home, world of letters all sad and confused
And my mom pulls my hand off hers with emotions diffused
I cry, ?Oh Mama don?t leave me here!Take me with u..?
But she leaves without turning back ,tears fresh and new?

Did you like "First Day At School"?